(Effective as of: February 16, 2022)
- We may collect Personally Identifiable Information (as defined below) from users of our Site when it is voluntarily provided to us by you, such as by signing up for updates and contests (see “Information We Collect Directly From You“).
- We automatically collect some information from users of our Site for analytical purposes and to enhance our Site (see “Information We Collect From You Automatically“).
Information We Collect Directly From You:
We may collect information, including Personally Identifiable Information such your name and email address, when you provide such information to us directly, such as when you sign up to receive our news alerts and participate in our contests. Your provision of your Personally Identifiable Information to us is completely voluntary. “Personally Identifiable Information” is information that specifically identifies you as an individual, such as your email address. We do not collect Personally Identifiable Information from you unless you submit that information to us.
Information We Collect Automatically:
How We Use Your Information:
We use Personally Identifiable Information and other information as described herein including for the following purposes:
- to contact you about our services and contests,
- to respond to your direct inquiries,
- to add you to our mailing lists and send you alerts from time to time,
- to maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Site,
- to respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations, and
- as described to you at the point of collection of your information.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information:
As noted above, we may collect information that is not Personally Identifiable Information (“Non-Personally Identifiable Information”). We may aggregate or de-identify Personally Identifiable Information so that the information does not personally identify you or anyone else directly.
How We Share Your Information:
Besides using your Personally Identifiable Information ourselves, we may send your Personally Identifiable Information and other information to other companies, affiliates and third parties in the following instances:
- Service Providers. We may share your Personally Identifiable Information with third parties who may use your information to provide us services such as website hosting and event coordinators. These third parties are only authorized by us to use your Personally Identifiable Information to perform their functions for us.
- Legal Compliance and to Defend Our Rights. We may disclose Personally Identifiable Information and other information as we believe necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and policies; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- Business Transfers. We may share your Personally Identifiable Information and other information with third parties in connection with a corporate restructuring, acquisition or divestiture.
Please note that if you specifically consent to additional uses of your Personally Identifiable Information, we may use your Personally Identifiable Information in a manner consistent with that consent.
The security of your Personally Identifiable Information is very important to us. When we collect your Personally Identifiable Information online, we use reasonable efforts to protect it from unauthorized access. However, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that your Personally Identifiable Information will be completely free from unauthorized access by third parties such as hackers and your use of our Site demonstrates your assumption of this risk. We have put in place reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect.
We will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you with the Site and for a reasonable time thereafter in accordance with our standard procedures or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce our agreements. Even if we delete some or all of your information, we may continue to retain and use anonymous or aggregated data previously collected. Please note that we will not be liable for disclosures of your data due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties.
Other Sites and Social Networking Services:
As a convenience to you, we may provide links to third party websites, apps or services from within the Site, such as social media platforms. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these third party sites, and by providing a link we are not endorsing or promoting such third party sites. When you navigate away from our Site, you do so at your own risk. We encourage you to read the policies and terms of every website, app or service you visit.
To opt-out of any future promotional messages from us, you should send an unsubscribe request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will process your request within a reasonable time after receipt. Please note that if you opt out in this manner, certain aspects of the Site may no longer be available to you.
Changes to Policy:
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions from this policy at any time, provided that any such modifications will only be applied prospectively. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of any changes to this policy means you accept such changes.
For questions or concerns relating to privacy, we can be contacted at: email@example.com